“ If you've got the strength to scream out "Hell Why?"
The wheels of life are passing you by
You might as well get juiced
Might as well get juiced ...
I tell you the sweet things in life
How am I going to survive
I might as well get juiced
I might as well get juiced ... ”
~ Rolling Stones ~ Might As Well Get Juiced ~
I am pretty sure Mick Jagger was talking about a different kind of juicing in the above lyrics ... either way I am so excited because over the last few weeks we have had great conversation with family and friends about the health benefits of juicing. By now you are aware that I have been drinking 13 freshly pressed organic juices every day on the Gerson Therapy. Why? Well, juicing is the easiest way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition.
Juicing is so beneficial as it requires hardly any digestion, so all its nutritional goodness gets rapidly into your system. When you juice, you use more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat, resulting in densely packed amounts of vitamins, minerals and other plant-based nutrients. In my case, I take in close to 20 lbs of fruits & vegetables a day, mainly in juicing.
Other health benefits of juicing include:
- Improving the cardiovascular system and heart health - Vitamin C and E can be found in most vegetables and fruits, both prevent the damaging effect of free radicals on artery walls. They prevent blood from sticking, clotting and becoming toxic.
- Detoxifying the liver - Antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin C & E are liver cleansers, assisting the organ to clean our blood and remove toxins and metaboic waste
- Alkalizing your system - all vegetables are alkalizing and the benefits of making your body pH level less acidic is referred in the video below by Dr. Robert Young (co-author of The pH Miracle). Acidic environments breed dis-ease and have negative effects on your brain, heart, increase aging and disrupt digestion.
- Healthy skin, hair, nails and eyes - the same vitamin C and E antioxidants help prevent skin damage from sun exposure due to their free radical neutralizing abilities. Vitamin B2 assists with hair and skin issues and vitamin A is the most potent nutrient for healthy eyes (beta-carotene from carrots turns into vitamin A in our bodies).
- Increased energy levels - juicing means a lot more vitamins and minerals which are responsible for all sorts of necessary chemical reactions promoting health and vitality
- Improved immune system - the vast amount of antioxidants providing in juicing is essential for a healthy immune system. Besides the antioxidants, a wide range of plant chemicals called phytochemicals have amazing benefits, notably anti-cancer properties.
Juicing’s biggest health benefit can be summarized as cellular cleansing. You see, we are constantly cleansing. Every time we breathe out, we’ve cleansed our body of metabolic waste known as carbon dioxide. Every time we have a bowel movement, our body is eliminating old cellular material. Fact: up to 40% of every bowel movement is dead cells. Cleansing occurs because our body’s cells are constantly dying and being replaced with new cells. Therefore think of juicing as improving your regeneration process ...
"I tell you the sweet things in life how am I going to survive ...
I might as well get juiced"
"The co-author of The pH Miracle, Dr. Robert Young in an extended 42 minute interview, talks about the importance of juicing when starting down the road to health. His program advocates alkaline foods to help balance the body against the typical american diet of mostly acid-forming foods. He says using a juicer daily could be one your most important steps to good health and longevity"