Monday, January 2, 2012

" Beautiful Day ... "


" You're on the road but you've got no destination
You're in the mud, in the maze of her imagination
You love this town even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over and it's been all over you
It's a beautiful day 
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away"
~ U2 ~ Beautiful Day ~
***
In with a mighty roar, 2012, Year of the Dragon has the potential to breathe life-shaping fire, to be magical, even mythical ... and a mighty roar it was.  Once again we were fortunate for the opportunity to gig and "bling" in the New Year.  It was a fun night  ~ full of energy, joy and celebration.  Also a night for Russell and I to reflect upon 2011, and quite a reflection it was.  With reflections come realizations as well for which I am grateful for.   
Since we ventured home in the wee hours of new years day, we made sure that it remained a quiet one for us ... a chance to rest and rejuvenate, although still working the programme, yet made sure we napped in between juices, etc ... no days off from Gerson!   
So where do we go from here ... well some get on with their resolutions straight away, hitting the gym, detoxing, getting on the health kick band wagon ... others gracefully transition into a new life style.  Whatever you choice, the new year is like the setting of the sun on another day.  Because another year has passed and we will ask ourselves ~ did I do enough last year, could I have helped more, could I have loved more, did I lose more than I gained ... but really most questions point to if we lived out our purpose in the past year by growing, learning and teaching.  
So again we have another chance being offered to us with no strings attached, endless possibilities, new thoughts, new ideas and new adventures.  And although I still have trouble wrapping my head around some happenings of 2011, I realize that some things are still works in progress ... my superstitions make me want to keep them near to my heart for fear of jinxing them.  Yet I will take all those questions I have pondered over the last few days as a new starting point, a new marker.  One which has granted me the gift of life once more, freely.  


Let your past make you better not bitter ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment