Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth
No who's or whys
No one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
~ U2 ~ Peace On Earth ~
What did you do this “annual” Earth hour? is the question I was asked. My answer ... we had an awesome music jam/party at our home. Tsk tsk! Well that isn’t very “power-saving” of you now was it? ..... and I just smiled and said, yes you are correct!
“With mindfulness, our relationship with nature will reveal itself”
~ Leigh Tremaine
Our Planet, EARTH ... full of wonder, miracles, diversity and interconnectedness ... is taken for granted due to our carbon footprints and lack of concern for current and future generations.
Hence many used the opportunity of “Earth Hour” to feel good about doing “sometthing” for the Earth ... but it’s about more than 60 minutes ...
And we can do more ... so so much more. We can make rewarding choices which puts us AND our Mother Earth first … we can:
- limit our meat consumption because producing meet requires many more of the Earth’s resources than plant protein
- ride our bikes, take public transit or carpool instead of driving alone
- buy organic! and recycle
- vote with your dollar and choose products from companies that are committed to the sustainability of our planet
- become familiar with your bio region - what native plants, trees and herbs grow in your area and plant!
- support local businesses and economies
- share resources
The idea is to be mindful of our Earth as much as possible because it’s so not so much what you do but how often you do it that matters.