Tuesday, May 20, 2014

" All Would Envy … "

She was treated like a queen
Anything she ever wanted ...
And everyone expected soon
That she could ask him for the moon ...

Yes, all would envy

... She lived a life she'd only dreamed
The life was never what it seemed
To all her friends that she'd ignored
She denied she was bored ...

Who would envy?

~ Sting ~ All Would Envy ~ 
***


There is an old East Indian saying, “Nazar Na Lag Jaaye”, loosely translated, 
Don’t Get Effected With Any Bad Eyes” ... in other words ... ENVY.

At a time when it seems all are taking compassion, kindness and peace ... envy is so rampant.  Because if we are truly honest with ourselves, we are either envious of something or someone, or being envied  be careful, don't let your green show!


Envy is considered a negative feeling, coming from insecurity and a sense of loss or lack.  Amplified during times of economic and/or social crisis.  And envy doesn’t dissipate with time.  Because envy stems from greed.  Envy is wanting something belonging to another.  Feelings of inferiority, loneliness, distrust, suspicious, ill will, resentment, bitterness and anger rise.  Followed by shame and guilt.  All rolled up into a ball of stress, which is doesn’t do anyone any good.

So what can we do because there will always be someone prettier, thinner, smarter, funnier, oh and richer than you  no problem, this is the human experience!
Hooray, we are human!  

Humour aside, the first to remember is that just because you feel these emotions, doesn’t mean you are a bad person.  It is about taking accountability for yourself.  Realize that this is happening and YOU are letting it happen!  Yes YOU are the cause of your own suffering.  I know, it sucks, believe me, I had my epiphany a while back (thanks to my Guru!!)  It is about developing feelings of gratitude and appreciation for what you have rather than what you want.


True happiness is state of being, not a state of having.


Remember everyone has a story, a challenge, a dream, a journey.  Remember that your light will not shine brighter when blowing out someone elses.  It is about finding out their story ... why they do what they do, why they have what they have.  
Maybe it is even about finding out HOW and making it happen for yourself?

Personally, I am happy for the success of others, but it took work, to come from a place of darkness to a place of love.  I think that is why I continue to freely write and share what I can with whomever is interested even though I've been criticized, ridiculed, mocked, copied and ignored  And yes it is easy to want what another blogger or writer has, but I know that life isn’t meaningful because of what we have, it is meaningful because of who we are ... I know my happiness does not depend on how well known I am, rather about who I am, writing, sharing and serving others.


I choose to create good for myself 
by celebrating who I am and what I do for others



No comments:

Post a Comment