Sunday, May 11, 2014

" Happy … "


It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way ...

Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down… my level's too high…
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now) ...

Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

~ Pharrell Williams ~ Happy ~
***

There seems to be a constant reminder regarding the ticking of most women’s biological clocks ... with one purpose only and that is to have children.  Yet, there are many of us that live a full and satisfactory life without them.  And thankfully, it is widely accepted by free thinking women that it is quite alright to not reproduce.  Giving it some thought being Mother’s Day, I felt safe enough to write about why some don’t.
Recently I had a conversation with a couple of girlfriends.  Both getting married, one was interested in children and the other ... not so much.  
Her reason ... over population.  

Coming from a place of curiosity rather than judgement, maybe it is possibly that not having children means two people are making a choice regarding conception and not letting it choose them. 

Personally speaking, I LOVE children and have my entire life ... but loving children and RAISING children are completely different.  And oddly, people automatically assume you have sadness from not having children and your life is hollow.  That you marriage may be unfulfilled due to not having reproduced and even possibly a shame because you have not procreated ... yes there are still those views out there.

“Not having children means a couple is able enjoy together humanity’s insightful conquest of nature”


So whether you are a Mom or celebrating your Mom  appreciate their desire, passion and yearning to have YOU.  Today is a day to celebrate THEIR love, guidance, support, comfort, nurturing and sacrifices.  I think of all the women in my life who have provided these elements for me during my life and I thank them on this day ... please honour yourself for what you have given and continue to give to others in your life.


www.walkstrong.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment