Monday, May 19, 2014

" Count On You … "

Don't hurt me
Desert me
Don't give up on me
What would I wanna do that for?
Don't use me
Take advantage of me
Make me sorry I ever counted on you


Understand I've been here before ...
But I'm willing to put my trust in you ...
I really hope you understand ...
I promise to be careful from the start ...

Never been so vulnerable ...

~ Count On You ~ Big Time Rush ~
***

In the past, when asked “who do you count on?”, I would go into an egotistical monologue about so and so, and so and so ... really a false sense of security.  
Because the only person you can count on is YOU.

We come into this life alone and we depart, alone.  You yourself are the only person that you can and out to rely on.  This is not a depressing thought, yet a realistic one.  You may say to yourself that you have that support you and that you have family that is there to help you when you need help.  This may be true ... but it does not change the fact that when push comes to shove and the end is nigh, you are alone — completely. 

Friends are very important in our lives and if we are lucky enough, they love us.  When required, they are there, but would they sacrifice ANYTHING for you?  Of course not ... only YOU can do that for you … 

Follow my heart and intuition ... Don’t be pushed by your problems ... 
Be led by your dreams ... Live the life you want to live ... 
Be the person you want to remember years from now .. 
Make decisions and act on them ... Make mistakes, fall and try again ... 
Be your own best friend ... and your own biggest critic ... 
act as if what you do makes a difference ... Express gratitude ...
Make your time count ... Be honest with, yourself ...
Be good to those you care about ... Know what unconditional love feels like ...  
Forgive yourself ... Forgive others ...
Take full accountability for your life ...Be with who makes you smile ... 
Laugh as much as you breathe ... Love as long as you live ... 
Let go of the things you can’t control

I for one, will not give anyone the power over my happiness anymore.  That is the one thing I can control, and so it is empowering ... but I still desire to have support.  Sometimes you just need that cheering section don't you?  So perhaps it is about having a healthy interdependence on people you care about, but not depending on them for everything.  

Back to Balance ... the difference between interdependence and unhealthy dependence is you aren’t worried about losing these people’s help.   Basically, you haven’t placed all your happiness and well-being on them ... and you’ll survive if they don’t come through. 





No comments:

Post a Comment