Wednesday, March 7, 2012

" One Year Of Love ... "

Just surrender to your love,
Just one year of love,
Is better that a lifetime alone,
One sentimental moment in your arms,
Is like a shooting star right through my heart,
It's always a rainy day without you,
I'm a prisoner of love inside you -
I'm falling apart all around you - yeah.
And all I can do is surrender ...
~ Queen ~ One Year Of Love ~
***


March 7, 2011, exactly one year since I started the full Gerson Therapy.  I know wild eh?  Three words capture it perfectly ... what a journey!  In the beginning, it seemed unattainable as I didn’t know if we would make one week let alone one year.  But I had to shift and start focusing on enjoying the journey instead of “getting off the therapy”.  I had to completely embrace my new life and the opportunity presented to me for self-discovery and growth.
My new life ... taking me in a totally different direction from where I was heading.  But to step into this path I had to stop mourning the loss of my old life.  I had to let go and surrender.  I began by cleansing each and every aspect of my life on all health levels ... emotionally, physically and spiritually.  
And upon reflection, my former life was really full of one challenge after another, as I constantly felt like I wasn’t good enough or strong enough ... basically not deserving of the success I was achieving.  I was tired of beating myself up all day, every day, and I had to make myself a priority.
Cherrie Moraga quoted “Sometimes a breakdown can be the beginning of a kind of breakthrough, a way of living in advance through a trauma that prepares you for a future of radical transformation”.  Yes, I can relate ... definitely a radical transformation.  And during this time, I have received an abundance of blessings.  As tough as this journey is, the possibilities are endless.  I have been given another chance to decide exactly how the rest of my life will unfold.
And for those that are curious about the tumours, my last consult went extremely well.  My Gerson and local doctors were over the moon with my results.  My body is healing thanks to it’s alkaline state.  Honestly speaking, we really didn’t know if Gerson would “work” in the beginning ... yet as the hours turned to days, and the days turned to months, and now one year ... all the hard work has paid off.
So as I shine my light onward to the next 8 to 12 months of therapy, my intentions are to continue to heal my body, mind and soul ... my LIFE for the rest of my life.  And although I can’t say that I have loved every moment of the last year, with every high and low has come valuable lessons.  Lessons that I know I wouldn’t have experienced if it wasn’t for my cancer diagnosis ... experiencing real healthy food, yoga, meditation, sunshine, walks, time with precious family and friends, gardening, music, writing, fun books, good movies, concerts, theater and life ... for as long as I’m blessed to have it.  
At the very least, I’ve learned about what matters ... "finding courage, keeping hope and losing fear".

Peace and Carrots  
M







4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on one year! It's such an achievement on so many levels, and I'm so happy for you (on so many levels!) and inspired by you. Dis-ease/illness, whatever we call it, can be an amazing teacher if we listen to it, like you are. Thank you for sharing your story. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lucie ... keep going on my friend, you are doing great!! Looking forward to celebrating your first year anniversary as well. Hope being back home in NZ has been good for you xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to offer my Congratulations to you! I can't even imagine how much of a life change going on the therapy can actually be. I am so fascinated by the Gerson Therapy and really appreciate those who chronicle their journey. I wish you another year of health and success on the therapy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christine, your words are so kind. I take a lot of strength from all the positive energy and kindness around me. Sending you lots of ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete