Tell them again and again
Watching the walls, spinning in doors
I can bring you peace of mind ...
Waiting around for something to happen
Bring you this instant relief"
~Midnight Oil ~ I'm the Cure ~
Whenever I discuss with a friend about how the Gerson Therapy works, there are loads and loads of questions about the restricted diet. It is silly to think that a "diet" alone will cure cancer, but it is a huge factor shaping our health. We are what we eat and food is our fuel. And for some it may be a surprise as to why while following the Gerson programme, the only we are allowed is Flaxseed oil.
So why flaxseed oil? Well, it is a natural oil that is considered to be nature's richest source of omega-3 fatty acids that are required for the health of almost all body systems. Some nutritionists believe that it could be the most important health-promoting supplement next to a multi-vitamin, supporting cardiovascular, immune, circulatory, reproductive and nervous systems, as well as joints. Studies shown that omega-3 fatty acids:
- help lower cholesterol and prevent clots in arteries.
- protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation and water retention
- shorten recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion
- accelerate the healing of sprains and bruises
- ease weight loss in people afflicted with obesity
- stimulate brown fat cells and increase the metabolic rate, burning off fat
In regards to the Gerson Therapy, the following information is provided by the Gerson Institute: