Wednesday, February 19, 2014

" Yet …"

All attempts have failed
All my heads are tails
She's got teary eyes
I've got reasons why
I'm losing ground and gaining speed
I've lost myself or most of me
I'm headed for the final precipice
But you haven't lost me yet
No, you haven't lost me yet
I'll sing until my heart caves in
No, you haven't lost me yet, yet
~ Switchfoot ~ Yet ~
***

It is  funny what some people focus on ... funny in a not so funny way.  Recently I was having conversations with someones and as most topics gravitate towards health, I was asked about what my lifestyle is like.  So I explained ... I eat organic food, I prefer raw foods, I practice hot yoga, I work for myself ... and as I was continuing to answer them, they question ... yeah, but what about the cancer?  is it gone yet?


And this made me think  

why do we tend to focus on results more than the “journey” ?  

we are a society of instant gratification 

We want something different but don't really want to change.  
We want to be enlightened but don’t want to be uncomfortable.  
We do things as they are convenient, not as they are necessary.  
And if we don’t get the results immediately, 

it is a bust, failure and doesn't work ...





So if I had answered ... yes the cancer is gone?  am I a success?
So if I answer ... no the cancer is still present?  am I a failure?

I guess it depends on who you ask.  


And it made me really think about my own thinking, writing and even living patterns.  In the past, I have found myself romanticizing the “end” of the journey.  Sometimes thinking there may be a prize awaiting my arrival.  Do I place too much emphasis on the end result as well?  Have I been implying that in my words, in my actions?  A finale of some sort? ... and has this been translated in my writing?


Oddly enough, I have found that the ending place one arrives at is another pathway to a new experience.  I mean isn’t there always another climb or another great distance to cross?  The path I have taken leads to a hundred more, as the process of discovery is not a short one.

So, it seems we are always on the cycle of road that never ends.  Which may explain the painful monotony we all come up against because we like to have a point, an exact location where we can set our minds up for expectations.  It is a closed minded way of living ... it is a way of living that no longer serves me.


I have found that when I rush life, I deprive my soul of exploration, discovery, mistakes, lessons, rewards and blessings. I have found that it is not about getting there or how quickly one can arrive.  I have found that it is about what you take away from your experience on the way there because I have learned my growth and learning is limitless 









No comments:

Post a Comment