Monday, February 3, 2014

" Good Company … "

Take good care of what you've got ...
Don't fool with fools who'll turn away
All my friends by a year by and by disappeared
But we're safe enough behind our door

Reward of all my efforts
My own Limited Company
All through the years in the end it appears
There was never really anyone but me ...
Take care of those you call your own
And keep good company

~ Queen ~ Good Company ~
***


There are lots of opinions on whether or not isolation is good company.  So do you think you are good company for you?

Often when we think of isolation, we are patterned to believe loneliness, inadequate, lack there of, unavailable ... yet really it is just about spending time alone.  And being alone means many of the distractions that often take us away from planned tasks are removed ... people, social media, phones ...

Personally I had the aforementioned belief until I allowed my outer world to stand still.  That is when I heard my inner self.  Now I view isolation as a great way to rejuvenate myself, and strengthen a sense of who I am.  I am not afraid to be with myself, my thoughts or with nothingness.  I am able to slowdown activities while still feeling empowered.  No deadlines, no expectations, no pressure to converse ... other than my monkey mind creatively flowing.

Plus, I think one of the greatest rewards for me is increasing my confidence in my abilities to do specific activities without an audience.  And ... the beauty is YOU ... you emerge from you time with a true sense of self.  It is not selfish.  It is self-love.  Ultimately it is good to understand periods of self-isolation are important along with the need to be balanced with relationships with other people.



“ ... well, I think everyone struggles with self-love .. “
Philip Seymour Hoffman


No comments:

Post a Comment