Thursday, February 14, 2013

" L.O.V.E. ..."


L - is for the way you look at me
O - is for the only one I see
V - is very, very, extraordinary
E - is even more than anyone that you adore can
LOVE is all that I can give to you
LOVE is more than just a game for two
Two in LOVE can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
LOVE Was made for me and you!
LOVE Was made for me and you!
LOVE Was made for me and you!

~ Nat King Cole ~ L.O.V.E. ~
***

Well it’s that time of year again ... Valentine’s Day.  And just in case you needed a reminder just walk into any retail outlet and you are bombarded with chocolate-covered somethings, stuff animals holding plastic hearts, and pink/red everything.  You can’t miss it .. from flowers to candies, teddy bears and balloons.

I remember the time when we were younger, we would give mini Valentine cards to our classmates with popular characters and cartoons, hoping that someone would Be Mine!  I remember counting how many cards I got, wishing it was more than the year before.  The basic need to be LOVED.

Today is more than just a day to “buy” something for our loved ones ... it is a day to express our gratitude for the people in our lives who are always there for us, the people who will always love us, unconditionally.  Partner, parents, siblings or friends.

But isn’t everyday Valentines Day if we are mindful to hold close to our hearts our loved ones?  In a moment everything can change so express your true feelings nowDon’t wait.  

Every day that we are given on earth is one in which we can practice gratitude ... never take for granted that tomorrow is ours ... so remember we have 365 days to work with and the possibilities are endless ...


classic video featuring: NAT KING COLE L-O-V-E



No comments:

Post a Comment