Friday, March 7, 2014

" How Far … "

There's a boat, I could sail away
There's the sky, I could catch a plane
There's a train, there's the tracks
I could leave and I could choose to not come back
Oh, never come back

There's a chance I could change my mind
But I won't, not 'till you decide
What you want, what you need
Do you even care if I stay or leave
Oh, what's it gonna be

And it's up to you to say ...
And it's up to you to say how far ...

~ Martina McBride ~ How Far ~
***



There are times when you need to reflect back on your journey and take a look at how far you’ve come.  We get caught up in our day to day living that we can lose perspective of what our life use to be like.  


Reflecting back ... three years ago today, 
we had our first day at the Gerson Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico.



Our worlds focus so much on what we lack .. wealth, vanity, image or love, that we get caught in the need to have, be, or do more before thinking that it is good enough at this moment, now.  Reflection allows you to celebrate your progress, however you measure, big or small ...



Looking back, I am amazed as to how this chapter of my life started and where it has lead me today.  I feel a huge sense of accomplishment that I am here, still.  This journey has been tough, adjusting to this new life ... and many times I took rest with my family and friends who gave me comfort and assured me that my journey was still worthwhile ... immense gratitude.

Finding blessing, discovering the gifts, appreciating what is, knowing all is well ... sometimes life’s pivotal moments help you identify your true calling, your true passion.  Life is funny that way, it can through you off course so that you get back on course.  And then the time comes when you are living your ideal life even in an un-ideal circumstances.  

You manage, you cope, you adapt, you live ... Yet one of the best pieces of advice I received was when you fail to acknowledge how far you’ve come, it robs you of a lot of joy and price ... so just because I may not have figured it all out, I still come a long way from.  

It is about finding a balance for striving for your goals but also celebrating your mini-victories along the way ... As you go about your day, try to notice when you shift towards your goals, however small the step may be ... and then honour it in some way.  And although our lives are a constant work in progress, take the time to bask in everything you have achieved thus far ... because the best motivation is to cherish & celebrate each step along the way.


Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people

 * Albert Einstein *

No comments:

Post a Comment