Friday, March 28, 2014

" Don't You Worry Child … "

“There was a time
I used to look into my father's eyes.
In a happy home

I was a king, I had a golden throne ...

Now the memory's on the wall.
I hear the songs
From the places where I was born ...

My father said,
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
Yeah!”

~ Swedish House Mafia ~ Don’t You Worry Child ~
***

On my daily quest for eternal sunshine, I remind myself that life has ups and downs, we face the good and the bad, we witness the ugly and the beautiful ... day in and day out ... yet the only day, today, is the one to be concerned with.  
Today ... any person can battle just one day, any person.  It is when we add the burdens of those two other days that we can break down.  Those two other days ... yesterday & tomorrow.

remorse or bitterness of something which happened yesterday ...
dread of what tomorrow may bring ...

Do you reflect on yesterday(s) and see it’s mistakes, cares, faults, blunders, aches and pains  
or do you see lessons, gifts and blessings?  

We cannot undo a single act we performed. 
We cannot erase a single word we said.

Does tomorrow bring burdens, lack of and poor prognosis  
or do you see opportunities & possibilities?

You can only live one day at a time

Life is unpredictable not to enjoy each and every moment.  Realizing that our time is limited makes every moment even more important.  Yet knowing the importance of living in the moment and taking action is another.  

My spiritual practices has shown me that thoughts are not necessarily reality.  That when my mind is bogged down with concerns, worries, what-if thoughts and imagined scenarios ... I need to intervene, take control and not believe the potentially terrible outcomes my mind has presented ... why?  because I am still here in the most important moment, now.


Staying in the present requires recognizing the difference between what-ifs and what is.


The more we dwell on, the more it multiplies.  No day is going to be perfect but we can choose to focus more on the happy moments than on the painful ones.  



“If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”


No comments:

Post a Comment