Monday, March 17, 2014

" Dedicate … "

I dedicate this song to the love of my life ...
That's why I sing this song to tell you that I love you
'Cause you're my one and only

Oh, you're the one that I adore
And no matter what we go through, 
I'll love you forever and more ...
You'll show me the way back to your heart and that's why
Ooh, I dedicate, ooh, I dedicate
~ Amanda Perez ~ Dedicate ~
***


In the past, I’ve struggled with an obsessive personality ... finding something to learn or do, getting carried away and thinking about it constantly ... becoming so curious and seeking ways to find as much information I could.

Doesn’t sound so bad right?  Well, depends on if what you are obsessing is more destructive than productive to you ...

Ask yourself when is the last time you gave everything you had to make something happen? ... extreme focus and determination, full of passion.  You see, whether you realize it or not, the way you choose to spend your day is ultimately a trade off ... moments of your life in exchange for your current activities.  

do you consciously recognize & appreciate each day of your life with awareness ... are you activities worthy of your life energy ...

Ultimately, to know what counts and what doesn’t, you have to know what motivates you rather than what affects you, being more proactive than reactive.  

“we are punished by what we do, not because of it” 
~ C. Humphreys

I often think about what I will be remembered for ... and really if I will be remembered at all.  So I do my best and choose to dedicate my life to something I consider worthy ... in whatever small way possible.


Perhaps in the end it doesn’t matter what you do, it only matters how you are ... devoting your life to is a way of being.  You each get a choose how you want your life to be, to identify what you value, who you want to be, what you want to stand for and you get a lifetime to practice that.  With no input from anyone but your own heart ... listened in your quietest, most compassionate moments ... with every breath you get to dedicate what is dearest 





No comments:

Post a Comment