Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Soar ..."

"Now in life there's gonna be times 
When you're feeling low
And in your mind insecurity seems to take control
We start to look outside ourselves
For acceptance and approval
We keep forgetting that the one thing we should know is
Don't be scared
To fly alone
Find a path that is your own
Love will open every door"

~ Christina Aguilera ~ Soar ~
***

Finding a path that is my own was not difficult for me, staying on my path, well ... that is another story.   After diagnosis, my treatment of choice was and currently is the Gerson Therapy.  And I have written many blogs related to the therapy, the day to day schedule, and other happenings involved with it.  Yet what I am finding are the struggles I have encompass the path itself ... 

Besides the differing thoughts, comments, statements, looks and judgement on choosing an "alternative" cancer treatment, even within all natural treatments, this exists.  I have been researching websites, journals and books related to many different ways to treat serious illnesses like cancer.  And what I am finding is that there seems to be something else that you "could" do to help you heal.  Just one more thing, another add on.  Some of the patients on Gerson supplement the therapy with vitamin C in IV form, infrared saunas, blood ozone therapy, homeopath medications and the list goes on.  You start to question whether what you are doing is enough, is the therapy taking effect in your body, and could you do more.  I realized that I was started to feel overwhelmed because I let my mind take over.  I stopped listening to my body ... as I remember blogging about body talk ~ how our bodies are ALWAYS talking to us, telling us how it feels.  I was so consumed with what was potentially lacking in my treatment instead of focusing on how every body reacts uniquely and heals in its own way.  Where one treatment will work for you, it may not work for another.  You may no benefit to a what seems to be a complimentary treatment, whereas someone else may have a significant shift happen.  And in some cases, you may have a negative side effect, a flare up or a healing reaction and another following the same therapy, may have little to no change.  

Therefore trying to figure out what works and what does, or finding the "perfect" treatment for everyone is simply a waste of energy.  What we need to find is what resonates with us, our bodies and our soul ... and having no judgement on the choice we make ... Gerson resonates with me, my body loves the food it receives, it knows what to do with it, and although I am fighting to rid the cancer in my body, knock on wood, I feel good and healthier than I have in a very long time.  And yes, diagnostic tests are scheduled at the end of the month to see how the tumours are responding.  What I do know is that in the last week or so there has been a major shift in my healing.  I have had some major assistance from a dear friend to assist in this process.  I feel my body now knows that it is time for the cancer to leave and it is dying.  What I feel is the tumours are shrinking and ... the full Gerson Therapy as prescribed by Dr. Max Gerson 70 years ago is working.  

So I dare to be different and therefore .... life my life in my own way.  Following my heart rather than the crowd gives me much more of a chance to find happiness and fulfillment.  Yes, this takes courage.  And yes, we ALL have this courage.  It can be really scary to be different, not being accepted by those around you and to stand out rather than blend in.  But the truth is ... we are ALL different and therefore there is NO ONE treatment or pill that FITS ALL ... especially when it comes to cancer.  By the virtue of being alive, we are unique and special ... and a beautiful reminder that this is the miracle of being human.  





Just for today, I'm going to pretend that I believe that I am enough. 
Tomorrow, I am pretty sure I will believe it. I did yesterday ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment