Tuesday, September 24, 2013

" Resistance ... "


Is your secret safe tonight? And are we out of sight?
Or will our world come tumbling down?
Will they find our hiding place? Is this our last embrace?
Or will the walls start caving in? ...
If we live our life in fear, I'll wait a thousand years
Just to see you smile again
Quell your prayers for love and peace, you'll wake the thought police
We can hide the truth inside ... 
Take us away from here
Protect us from further harm
Resistance
~ Muse ~ Resistance ~ 
***

Resistance is futile or is it?  The bigger the resistance the greater you potential.  You see the biggest achievers in the world got to where they are today only after overcoming endless resistance.  
Think about it ... whenever you face a roadblock it may be telling you that there is something worth going for.  Could it just make the end result even sweeter when you overcome and achieve your goals?

Obstacles are those frightful things you see 
when you take your eyes off your goals ... 
Sydney Smith

There are moments when I spend more time staring at the obstacles instead of locking my eyes on my dreams.  I get discouraged.  I get overwhelmed and all I want to do is hide.  Yet I know that negative thoughts will give me negative fruit because my thoughts are like seeds in my mind.  Hence to empower myself I try to focus on why I want to do something and what it means to me ... which spurs me to take action.
Resistance = Fear ...  we are afraid of who we may become, we are afraid of the unknown, we are afraid of change.  We may be ignored, we may be laughed at and we may even be ridiculed but it is important to go for what you believe in.  
I have learned that no matter how bizarre or out there your dream is, don’t fall into the common trap of prematurely deciding what is important and what is not.  It can be tempting to write it off as too mundane, normal or even boring.  I know I have been guilty of it ... or thinking that my vision is too complicated.  Fight for what you want and stand your ground.



We can always choose to do things the easy way or the hard way.  We can muscle through or we can let go of the oars and let the current carry us.  Being receptive and allowing things to happen is a skill ... surrender and know the universe is friendly and supporting you at every turn .  Focused energy that accompanies intention is magic ... just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment