Friday, September 6, 2013

" Reflection ... "

Who is that girl I see 
Staring straight back at me? 
When will my reflection show 
Who I am inside? ...

Why must we all conceal 
What we think, how we feel? 
Must there be a secret me 
I'm forced to hide? 
I won't pretend that I'm 
Someone else for all time 
When will my reflection show 
Who I am inside? 
When will my reflection show 
Who I am inside?

~ Christina Aguilera ~ Reflection ~
***


What does reflection mean to you? ... maybe thinking in new ways instead of just thinking ... maybe finding better to be better.

Using reflection as a means or tool to gauge where you were and where you are ... and where you want to go.  It is a way to understand your life and “course correct” if required.  Because life is overwhelming so when you objectively reflect you have an opportunity to meet yourself where you presently are.  

When a time comes to reassess and replant your life, you may look to religion, science or counseling ... and some have a combination of them.  


why Religion?
“believing the Divine can take away indecision's, uncertainty's and moral impurities.”

why Science?
“hard fact grid works used to sprout new developments of self and a better world”

why Counseling?
“seek a person(s) who will have ways to improve your life”



Personally, reflection helps me learn about myself in hopes to make better choices in my future.  I get to figure out where I went wrong and what I can do to put my life back on track.


Mistakes are a valuable commodity and a learning tool; 
but unless we understand why we make mistakes, 
all of this becomes counterproductive ...



But there is more to reflection .... success.  The more you reflect on your success, the more likely you will celebrate them ... instead of focusing only on what you failed at.  This allows you to put your life back into perspective and stay grounded.

The beauty of reflecting is that it is a powerful way to create space and encourage personal growth ... this is where transformation occurs.   


I recently read a few ideas to help with initiating your reflection process:

  • Reflect on your Highlights
  • Reflect on your Challenges
  • Reflect on your Beginnings & Endings
  • Reflect on your Blessings
  • Reflect on your Intentions

Reflecting is a process .... a gentle reminder to oneself as to you they really are ... a personal check-in of what you embraced and what you released ... an opportunity to count your blessings.  


"Follow effective action with quiet reflection. 
From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action" 
~ Peter Drucker 


No comments:

Post a Comment