Saturday, December 28, 2013

" Thank-You … "

And so today, my world it smiles
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles
Thanks to you it will be done
For you to me are the only one

... Inspiration's what you are to me
Inspiration, look and see ...
Happiness, no more be sad
Happiness.... I’m glad

If the sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you
Mountains crumble to the sea
There will still be you and me

~ Led Zeppelin ~ Thank-You ~
***

This time of year we tend to look back at what we have endured.  2013 ... what a year, filled with highs and lows, joy and sorrow ... and made it through.  And, this year, I wanted to give thanks for all that I appreciate.



I am thankful for ... 

God
family’s love and support
the generosity and kindness of friends
my husband’s compassion
humility
forgiveness
my sense of humour
a warm bed
roof over my head
yoga
writing
working from home
music
my MacBookPro
Skype
good healthy food
LIFE ...



... Really the list goes on.  I genuinely believe that the happiest people are those who are grateful.  So this year, that meant an adjustment.  This year, I learned to be more grateful.  And I am, I am grateful to be alive, because things don’t work out they way you expect them to.  

Instead, I wanted to stop taking things for granted and see them as blessings.  I wanted to foster an attitude of gratitude in whatever circumstances.  I wanted to be grateful for each breath, each day.  And although, I still have many slip-ups, I can honestly say I’m a much more grateful person at the end of 2013 than at the beginning.

I plan to continue the gratitude attitude into 2014.  Having a blog platform, I hope to express it more often because there is always room to appreciate.



 May the new year bring peace, joy and health to you and your loved ones 






No comments:

Post a Comment