Saturday, November 9, 2013

" How To Deal ... "


How do you cope when ...
And there's nothing you can do about it
How do you deal with
The fact that you had a chance ...
Though it's heartbreakin'
Its something that i had to do
But nobody said that it would hurt so bad
So how do i live
How do i deal ...
~ Frankie J ~ How To Deal ~
***


Even the strongest person has their weakest moments.  The question is not what the issue is, but how to deal with it.  I have had conversations were I complimented on my courage while facing such an “enormous challenge”, and my ability to cope.  

The thing is I don’t choose to just cope, I choose to live. 

Somehow, someway I believe in our darkest hour, we make a choice ... to give up or to thrive.  I believe small steps, taken over time add up ... they transform us.  I believe that by learning to trust life deeply rather than just coping is where healing occurs.

Yes it is difficult but a true test of your faith is when you are embrace the uncertainty.  When you surrender to the process that Life is not as it should be, rather Life is as it is.  At times, a liberating thought, at other times, a terrifying one.  Yet miracles happen when we open ourselves up to the possibilities.

Occasionally there are times we need to pause ... and step away from the hustle and bustle of life.  This pause allows us to rest, heal, reflect and renew our spirit.  This pause allows us to emerged refreshed and ready.  This pause is very necessary.

And we all have challenges that we are dealing with ... some seem trivial and others seem life-threatening ... because every aspect of our life changes constantly ... beliefs, health, relationships, careers.  So you make the most of every situation and you learn to “deal” with what life has thrown at you.  

“Dear Universe ... what’s next? ... I am available ...”

So when everything seems to have fallen apart, but you are still breathing, remember you have options to assert exactly what you want for yourself ... 
  • You have the option to create a life you’ll feel passionate about.  
  • You have the option to focus on what’s going right instead of what life lacks.  
  • You have the option to take action in the present moment, the most powerful one available to you.  
  • You have the option to embrace fear, be bold, and be brave.  
  • You have the option to just - be - grateful.


And although it may make perfect sense, when chaos happens it is hard to practice.  Yet, I realize that I might stumble but I know that I’ll be okay as long as I remember that I already have all that I need.  I know that focusing on lack is not an option anymore and as all the wonders in my life allow me to move forward and trust.  I must trust the process as I know that my present experience continues to enrich my life in ways that I never could imagine.



“We don’t have to live in the shadow of what could have been 
if we shine a light on what’s working to allow it to grow ... “



No comments:

Post a Comment