Friday, May 10, 2013

" Words ... "


Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you 
Near to me. 
Don't ever let me find you gone, cause that would 
Bring a tear to me. 
This world has lost it's glory, lets start a brand 
New story now, my love. 
Right now, there'll be no other time and I can show 
You how, my love. 

Talk in everlasting words, and dedicate them all to 
Me. 
And I will give you all my life, I'm here if you 
Should call to me. 
You think that I don't even mean, 
A single word I say. 
It's only words, and words are all I have, to take 
Your heart away

~ Bee Gees ~ Words ~
***

Words can be powerful because they have a biochemical effect on the body.  As soon as a word is used, chemicals are produced within our systems.  So when we don’t choose our words consciously to describe our emotions, we have issues  because the words we attach to our experience become our experience.  Our mindset can be impacted by powerful words. 

Think about it ... how does it make you feel when you think, speak or hear certain words?  Do they encourage you or do they hold you back?  

Some think words have magical powers.  They can used to rapidly shift our senses of what is real for us.  Even the order in how you use words can re-create the situation and change your perceptions.  I have heard change your words, change your life.  

I know for me there are certain words that trigger responses.  It is the association that creates a feeling.  I am aware of it, so now I also try to substitute with something else ... another experience.  And as hard as that is, I purposely remove the association of something that causes me grief and replace it with something better. 

You can even try to take a word and start to play with it and see what happens.  This is an application within something called “transderivational morphology”.  By adding prefixes or suffixes you start to shift your internal response to words that constrain or limit you.  Even replacing words can do this ... like replacing but for and.

And there is remedy in words.  Mind over matter ... deliberate focus of your mind over a situation can guide your thoughts and body into feelings of peace and tranquility.  We receive messages into our subconscious and conscious minds and they make all the difference in our well-being journey.  Really ask yourself what words are being used, what are the messages you are being told and what are you paying attention to?

I feel words need to be intentionally positive, comforting, compassionate to help guide us all in the way we want to feel.  I hope to live on purpose and manifest my words into the reality I want ...



No comments:

Post a Comment