Saturday, May 11, 2013

" Thank You Mom ... "


And all the times we laughed with you, 
and all the times that you stayed true to us ...
There's nothing I won't do, 
to say these words to you 
That you're beautiful forever ...

And even when the times got hard, 
you were there to let us know...that we'd get through ...
You showed me how to love my God, 
you taught me that not everyone knows the truth ...

And I thank you, I'll always thank you 
More than you could know, than I could ever show 
And I love you, I'll always love you 
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you 
That you will live forever 
Always, always and forever 

~ Good Charlotte ~ Thank You Mom ~
***

It may seem odd to write about Mother’s Day when I am not a Mom because I don’t know the first thing about being one.  But I do understand the bonds and influence of Mothers from family and friends.  And of course have experience the unconditional love from my own Mother.

Mother’s Day is a celebration.  We honour motherhood.  But where did it get started? 
Well in North America it dates back to the early 20th century.  And although it is not related, the Greek cult of Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria and the Christian Mothering celebration, they have all become synonymous with it.

So back in 1908, a woman named Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother in West Virginia.  She began a campaign to make a recognized holiday in honour of Mothers.  By 1914 she was successful, only to be further commercialized by the 1920s.  Soon other countries adopted the holiday and as we know it is pretty much celebrated around the world.  Mothers, grandmothers and maternal figures are all remembered on this special day.

Where would we be without our Mothers?  
Well not here ... 
no matter what your relationship with her, 
she gave you life.  

And many of the females tell me that although Dad’s are just as important, they do most of the child rearing during the early years.  Just think about it ... there is something special about the bond between Mother and child.  Probably because she carried us around in her womb for nearly 10 months.  Mother’s take care of all our needs when we are infants.  They heal our wounds by offering gentle comfort when we are hurting.  They lend an ear when we need it the most.  They know us all to well at times when we don’t know ourselves.  And they will do pretty much anything to make our lives better than their own.  

As we get older, it doesn’t stop.  In their eyes no matter what age we are, we are still their child.  Once a mother, always a mother ... 

And for those whose Mother’s are no longer with us, say a little prayer for them.  Spend a few moments reflecting on all she did for you when she was alive, which keeps her memory alive.  A Mother’s ... love, care, help, worry, energy, encouragement, sacrifice, compassion, kindness and warmth ... never leaves us.  She is always with us as we are with her, deep in our hearts, unconditional love.

My message to my Mom ... I’ve silently celebrated YOU for the last 364 days because I don’t need a “special” day to know that I love you EVERY day ...


♥ Happy Every Day MOM 



No comments:

Post a Comment