Friday, October 19, 2012

" Fly ... "


Praying but I think I'm still an angel away
Angel away, yeah strange in a way ...
They start coming and I start rising
Must be surprising, I'm just summising
I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher

But I will remain where the top begins
Cause I am not a word, I am not a line
I am not a girl that can ever be defined
I am not fly, I am levitation
I represent an entire generation
I hear the criticism loud and clear
That is how I know that the time is near
So we become alive in a time of fear ...

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

~ Nicki Minaj ~ Fly ~
***


Feeling quite grateful as last weekend, we had planned a jam-packed, fun filled time with the family, of course with my juicer et al in tow!  

We started with a 3 hour drive north which we don’t mind as we have great conversation.  Upon arrival we made our way to my sister’s clinic and yes, even our dental check-up was good thanks to the wonderful and caring staff.

Next came a drive heading east to the Cooking Lake Airport, where our awesome brother-in-law aka our pilot, Karan, took us on a flight over his home city.  Whoooohooo ... Russell and I had the opportunity to FLY ... and it was absolutely amazing!

And I’ll admit, initially I was a bit taken back at the size of the plane, but once in that baby, we glided along the city skyline, overlooking the Parliament building, the football stadium, the university and even community where our family lives.  

Karan is a real pro, and we felt completely safe at all times ... even though I could have done with a little less orbiting around, but that just takes a bit of getting use to is what I am told!

Being at that altitude is so humbling, puts things in perspective and truly makes you feel alive.  Such a liberating experience.  Below is some great footage of our trip ... now we just can’t wait for our next trip over the Rocky Mountains!!

No comments:

Post a Comment