Thursday, August 16, 2012

" Ain't No Mountain High Enough ... "

If you need me, call me. 
No matter where you are, no matter how far. 
Just call my name. I'll be there in a hurry. 
On that you can depend and never worry ...

No wind, no rain, 
Can stop me, babe 
If you wanna go 
I know, I know you must follow the sun 
Wherever it leads 
But remember 
If you should fall short of your desires 
Remember life holds for you one guarantee 
You'll always have me ...

Ain't no mountain high enough 
Ain't no valley low enough (say it again) 
Ain't no river wide enough 
To keep me from you. 

~ Ashford & Simpson ~ Ain’t No Mountain High Enough ~
***

B-L-I-S-S ... the last few days, Russell and I were gifted a mini-vacation in the Rocky Mountains with my parents.  They booked a vacation rental for the four of us in Canmore.  So we had to pack and plan for a three-night get away.  You know the saying “everything but the kitchen sink” ... well we may have taken that as well ... juicer, organic veggies and fruit, coffee & supplies, medications, laptop .... And it is a good thing we have an SUV ... it was fully packed!

My mom knew to book a place with a full kitchen so as soon as we got there, the juicer got set up, groceries were unpacked, and coffee was being brewed for my upcoming enema.  Although this is the norm for us, it still amazes how we just know what to do when, regardless of where we are ... and still stay right on schedule.  
Man oh man I’ve got an awesome team!

Initially I wasn’t looking forward to the “hassle” of taking my therapy on the road, but I am so glad we did.  This was the first real trip for Russell and I since coming back from the clinic last March.  And those that know us, we have always travelled every year so this was a huge treat ... and I realized that a change of scenery is EXACTLY what I needed.  

Thankfully, Canmore is about an hours drive from our home, so it is easy to make this happen.  Mountain Living ... I understand why others get tired of the busy city life and make that change ... it is simply breathtaking.  As the mighty mountains tower above us, the pristine views, the quiet, calm atmosphere and the uninterrupted green settings provide plenty of benefits to your mind, body and spirit.  

I had plenty of room to breathe ...

We talked about what it would be like to live there and if we could truly enjoy the natural therapy mountain living would bring after a stressful day ... the best of nature.  We could still grow a garden and even chop our own wood for those crazy winters we endure.  Mountain living could give us our very own natural paradise.

It would be a massive change for the two of us ... but it is not as far fetched as it may seem.  A geographic move has been on our radar for many years, even prior to my diagnosis.  We just assumed it would be to a warmer climate and near water ... and still may be, you never know.

But for now, thanks to my generous parents, we had this wonderful opportunity ... to relax, play cards, read books, eat good food, and share in each others company.

Feeling truly loved & blessed ... I embrace every morsel of this life ...


Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white ~ Mark Jenkins


No comments:

Post a Comment