Tuesday, July 8, 2014

" Responsible ... "

If for just a moment, you had to be responsible
For all the things you've said and done.
Would you sit back and relax or fasten all your safety belts?
Everybody's judgement comes.

Maybe in this moment you're feeling irresponsible
for all the things you've said and done.
"I am a wrecking ball, I've run the guillotine, 
and I blame everything just to keep my hands clean.

Maybe for a moment you need to feel responsible
for all the things you've said and done.

~ Cloud Cut ~ Responsible ~ 
***



So if no one is in charge of your happiness but you ... 
can you make yourself happy? ...


In the past, looking to others to boost your mood is a recipe for disaster.  Waiting for others to notice that you are down and expecting them to make you feel better.  You see, relying on others actually made me feel worse, because it was impossible for them to know what would make me feel good.  And even if they tried, it was never truly satisfying ... and conditionally on them, where you lose your own power.


Acceptance ... it was up to me to make my day and life better.  
And I had come to this realization but had no clue where to start or what to do.  
So I started by being still and listen.


I realized it was about taking responsibility ... because others had their own responsibilities, themselves, to be concerned with.  Figuring out what makes you feel good, what makes you smile again, requires honesty ... real honesty, with yourself, rather than blaming someone else.  Once you are able to make yourself feel better than you no longer need to wait for it ... you can create & enjoy it on your own.

I realized it was about listening to my needs ... too many times of waking up in a funk, feeling tired, down, and just plain blah.  So I asked ... what would make me feel better now ... and I wait for the response in stillness where it presents itself.  By asking the question and then listening to what you need means you not only devote your energy in the moment to caring for yourself but also start to trust that you’ll be able to take care of yourself consistently, no matter what is happening around you. 

I realized it was about being grateful for what I have ... because what makes me think I would be happier with having more?  Practicing gratitude helps to shift your mood, helps to get you unstuck and simply gives you a new perspective on whatever it is that is consuming your life.  

We have the choice to live in the world, each day, as we wish.  We can either be dragged along with it or take responsibility for how it unfolds.  Make the commitment, take the time and turn making yourself happy a daily practice of self- care, because frankly, it is YOUR responsibility to bear.





No comments:

Post a Comment