Friday, January 17, 2014

" Teacher … "

I've had enough of danger
People on the streets
I'm looking out for angels
Just tryin' to find some peace
Teacher, there are things that I still have to learn
But the one thing I have is my pride ...
Who just isn't willing to try
I'm so cold inside
Maybe just one more try
~ George Michael ~ Teacher ~
***

Over the last year, I have embarked on my spiritual journey with teachers, classes, seminars and techniques.  Unsure where to look and what I would find.  Unsure how to practice spirituality.  And, there are no guidebooks or manuals that can tell me how to make the journey, which is part of the beauty of the rite of passage.  So with no traditions or ceremonies to follow, I had to learn what steps to take on my own.  Hence, I believe we are our own spiritual teachers because the greatest teacher you could ever want is always with you ... your life.

“ ... floating on an iceberg that broke of the glacier, stranded on a desert island in the middle of the ocean and wandering in an infinite wilderness without a compass ... “

Our daily interaction with people and situations can teach us when we are open to receiving wisdom.  Yet we don’t recognize when our greatest teacher is within.  We only need our own approval.  What a liberating thought!
Brutal honesty alert!! ... previously in my pursuits of gaining knowledge from others, I would hope they would do the job for me or perhaps put a spell on me to experience bliss.   But there are no short cuts or Coles notes.

“ ... your thoughts become a tangled ball of yarn, throughout your life, until you gain awareness. Then, thread-by-thread, carefully and patiently you begin to untangle the threads and weave them into a beautiful scarf, which will keep you warm and comfortable and make your life better ... “


Oddly enough, I find myself less alone then when I had others telling me what to believe and how to proceed.  I am thankful for the sharing but I know have my own path to follow.  I realize that is what they have learned but don’t not necessarily know what is best for me.  And to proceed is to know my higher self, where I can find answers to the unanswerable, a way from hopelessness to bliss.  


Only you know the how's and why's of your life.  
The answers that you seek can be found when you start answering your own questions 


Patience, compassion, perseverance, honesty and letting go ... topics in the classroom of my life ... I am an observer ... I am an onlooker ...

No comments:

Post a Comment