Tuesday, January 28, 2014

" My Fault … "

I took a walk on a Saturday night
Fog in the air
Just to make my mind seem clear
Where do I go from here?
I see my breath pushing steam through the air
Shaking hands run through my hair
My fears, where do I go from here?

Is it my fault, is it my fault?
We’ve been missing each other
My fault, is it my fault?
We’ve been missing each other


~ Imagine Dragons ~ My Fault ~
***


It’s all your fault ... words that you never really want to hear because it implies you did something “wrong”.  But what if this was actually a good thing?


... personal responsibility isn’t a burden, it isn’t something you give away, it’s a gift that allows us to be so much more on this earth than any other living thing ...


To be a human being means to live with the option of reason and logic and therefore we must take responsibility for our reasoning, and our choice not to reason.  Choosing not to reason and putting your fate into the hands of someone else, allows us to blame others for whatever the outcome.

It is about taking ownership over your life because it is impossible to truly “own” your life when you are disowning your actions.


... life is a series of actions and to disown them is to disown yourself ...


We are not helpless and we are not meant to be victims.  It is about owning your choices.  It is about taking care of yourself.  It is about achieving your goals.  It is about taking back full control of your life.  

... live your life consciously ... move with purpose ... make reflection a regular routine ... revisit life goals ... take a personal inventory of your relationships ... consider your impact on the world ... spend wisely ... waste less ... review how you spend you time  ... and explore yourself … 






A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. 
A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.

- Neale Donald Walsch


No comments:

Post a Comment