Tuesday, January 21, 2014

" Personal … "

Please forgive me, if I can't forgive anymore
I guess I'm taking it personal
Life without you is better than life before
I guess I'm taking it personal

Listen, Listen to my head
Listen, And not to my heart
Listen, Feels like the end's about to start
Yeah, You think you're caught, you got anymore
I guess I'm taking it personal

~ Olly Murs ~ Personal ~
***



Hands up ... how many of us take what people say and do personally, regardless if it has anything to do with us?  Think about it ... every time we interact with others, we have the choice to listen to, acknowledge, and let go of their words ... OR take what they are saying personally.

The question is why ... why do we take things personally?  Perhaps it is the result of perceiving a person’s actions or words as a slight ... you must be looking for a negative intention in an individual’s words or actions.  So is it lack of trust of an insecurity?



Nothing others do is because of you. 
What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, 
their own dream. 
When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, 
you won’t be the victim of needless suffering 
~ Miguel Ruiz



We get it ... life happens, things fall apart, relationships implode, people betray and we turn on ourselves.  We beat ourselves up, we ask how could not have seen it coming, we compare ourselves, and we ask ... what is it all for, I mean what is the point in putting so much effort into improving yourself if nothing ever changes?

Every moment, change is happening.  And we can’t control how other people respond to us, all we can control is our own response to them.  Improve yourself unconditionally, empower yourself and how others choose to respond is none of your business.  You don’t need their permission to make positive changes to yourself.  And realize that people are often stuck in their own scripts and stories.  Realise that the story they’ve created has nothing to do with you in reality.  It only exists inside their head.




My reality  

I can refuse to allow myself to be manipulated, by holding onto my own reality and not getting drawn into someone else’s story.  What people do and say has no bearing upon me and I know it is based on their own experiences, emotions and perceptions  



Shift your perspective and remember that you have everything you need already within you.  You are no longer trying to get something from outside of you, that you already have within you ... know that no matter what happens, you will always be loved and valued, and that you hold the key to that, no-one else 




No comments:

Post a Comment