Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Clean ...The cleanest I've been"

"Clean, The cleanest I've been, An end to the tears
And the in-between years, And the troubles I've seen
I've broken my fall, Put an end to it all
I've changed my routine, Now I'm clean
I don't understand, What destiny's planned
I'm starting to grasp, What is in my own hands..."


~ Depeche Mode ~ Clean ~
***


When we ache and we have pain, we gravitate towards a prescription pill ...a Tylenol, an Asprin or maybe an Advil.  Hey if it works for the lady in the commercial it's gotta be good right?  And if that work for you, wonderful.  I for one have never been fond of masking the symptoms only because the pain comes back and sometimes it is worse.  For me, to rid the pain in my knee only to load my liver with toxins from prescription drugs just doesn't make sense ...


Another option we were introduced on the Gerson Therapy is Bentonite Clay packs.  Funny, I thought this stuff was only good for face masks?  Well, it turns out that healing clays in general have been around for thousands of years. They have been used in rituals, to cure diseases, and as dietary supplements in some of the oldest human cultures.  Specifically with the North American Indians, these clays were used for what they deemed to be body purification.  It is for these reason that detox Bentonite clay are seeing a resurgence in popularity today.


In the past, military were treated with clay therapy to reduce the effects of diarrhea, food poisoning and infections due to wounds.  It was also placed upon the Chernobyl disaster site to help reduce the effects of radiation in the atmosphere.  Currently, Bentonite clay is used by Russian nuclear engineers to protect them from radiation because it is such an efficient absorber.  


Bentonite clay has been used both internally and externally to detoxify the body, though it is most popularly today used externally in detox Bentonite clay baths, and clay packs.  Bentonite clay draws out the build up of metals from your body. These metals are continually deposited in our body through contact with our environment and from your diet. They are slowly poisoning our bodies and contribute to things such as sluggishness and advanced aging among other conditions.  


Bentonite clay is a healthy and relaxing way to cleanse our system of toxins.  From my research there are various different types of clay to chose from most of which have some sort of healing properties and practical uses.  Do your own research to select the type which supports your detox.





No comments:

Post a Comment