Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Thank You ..."

"And even if I'm there, they'll all imply, 
That I might not last the day,
And then you call me and it's not so bad,
It's not so bad.

And I want to thank you,
For giving me the best day of my life,
And oh, just to be with you,
Is having the best day of my life"

~ Dido ~ Thank-you ~
***

Here, this weekend, we are celebrating Thanksgiving.  Canadian thanksgiving is about a month earlier than the American date, but the significance is the same.  It is a holiday celebrated primarily in North America.  It is a mix of traditions set by the Europeans and the Native people.  To celebrate before and after the harvest cycle, giving thanks for good harvest, and rejoice together after much work within the community.  And harvest marks the end of the growing season or growing cycle.

This year, I identify with harvesting ~ the growing cycle.  Personal growth.  This year, the turn of events in my life have improved my awareness and identity, helped me develop other talents, enhance my quality of life and contribute to my realization of dreams and aspirations.  And in my wellness journey thus far, I have had an immense amount to be thank-ful for, to be grateful.  You see with our newer Gerson lifestyle, I am looking at so many different aspects of our life, with a different way of looking.  I see differently.  I keep on discovering new ways of living and I AM so grateful to everything that is happening in and around our life.  So I got to thinking ... What are YOU grateful for?  What keeps you inspired and motivated even when things seem bleak?  

One of the most effective ways to stop worrying and boost your personal power is to simply acknowledge what you already have in your life right now that you are so grateful for.  For me, it is my Faith in God, my Family and my Friends I can count on for my lifetime ... yet what about including little things.  The little things that you take for granted in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, that already make your life sparkle if you'd only see them with renewed eyes ... 

Commit to starting up your personal gratitude journal by writing down 5 things you are grateful for every day ... it will allow you to collect and reflect on the things that make life great and it has the power to transform us into healthier and happier spiritual beings ...

grat⋅i⋅tude  noun: the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful; 
"make sense of the past, bring peace for today, create a vision for your future ..."








No comments:

Post a Comment