Saturday, March 28, 2015

" Failure ... "

“ ... Life will come our way, it has only just begun
The world will die alone, the frail will fall below
Time will take our place, we return it back to one
The calm before the cold, the long and lonely road
Look for the light that leads me home

Tired of feeling lost, tired of letting go
Tear the whole world down, tear the whole world down
Failure

We bury the sunlight, we bury the sunlight
Failure, failure ... “

~ Breaking Benjamin ~ Failure ~
***



It is still hard to say the F word out loud.  Most of us feel awkward, vulnerable, uncomfortable with the idea.    We are afraid of it and don’t want to even mention it in case we jinx our situation ... and by the way, the F word I am referring to is ... failure.  


For most of my life, I allowed failure to define me.  I let failure decide if I was going to achieve what I set out.  I let failure guide my outcome.  Regardless of new work, new ventures or new goals, failure always crept into my mind.  

Yet I have had to learn that over time, learning to love failure and embrace it in ways, give me power.  Failure does not require me to give up, it requires me to learn ... more.  I have had to learn that failure can be a momentary defeat, something that is a small obstacle, to again, learn and move through.  


Failure is only real once you accept it as real
you only fail at something once you give up on it ... 


Failure gives us a to re-evaluate and find the gift within what has occurred, teaching something valuable.  Failure will never seem permanent, nor will it shatter your confidence and belief in yourself.  


Failure may paralyze you,  
but it doesn’t define you ...


If we simply view failure as progress, we realize we are moving forward.  The only way to never achieve anything in life is to never try to do anything.  When we experience failure, we are in the process of learning, growing and achieving our goals. 

Regardless of your level of risk taking, your level of success will be equivalent to the level of the failure that came before it ... failure is not as important as the courage it takes to try ... keep going, you are enough xx


www.walkstrong.ca






No comments:

Post a Comment