Sunday, March 3, 2013

" Gotta Serve Somebody ... "


You may be a construction worker working on a home
You may be living in a mansion or you might live in a dome
You might own guns and you might even own tanks
You might be somebody's landlord you might even own banks ...

Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk
You might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread
You may be sleeping on the floor, sleeping in a king-sized bed ...

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody ...

~ Bob Dylan ~ Gotta Serve Somebody ~
***

How do you serve others?  How do you contribute?  How do you give back?  Most of us believe we we are of service to others in many ways.  But the reality is that making yourself available if you want to, when it is convenient or if you are going to be recognized is missing the point.  Because if the aforementioned criteria isn’t met, there are excuses.  And if we are honest with ourselves, we probably can relate.


If your life is used to service others, you will do very well, as nothing expands without doing something in the spirit and glory of doing it in good service ~ OPRAH


So I asked myself, what does service to others REALLY mean to me?  I wanted to look beyond the obvious of volunteering my time, money and effort.  I wanted to look at how to serve others and be a catalyst in which moves us positively forward in life.


If you don’t feel alive or vibrant, shift yourself. Who you are and what you do to be of service - that’s the key! Ask yourself, “How can I use what I do for a living to offer it as a service, so that it shifts the energy?” ~ OPRAH

Start with your passion ~ I love helping children, I love playing keyboard, I love writing, etc ... it doesn’t have to be big, just something you love to do and share it with others.

Support not only those you love, but also those who need it ~ sharing instead of hoarding, because believing that there is not enough to go around will get you no where.  Help other people shine their light as it will light you up as well.

Wish well for others ~ celebrating another person’s desire or dream and take the focus off yourself.  This allows you to give yourself the gift of not thinking of your own “stuff”.  I have found that the more I give back, the more comes to me ... a huge shift in my own abundance, success and healing.

Let your own light shine ~ this is probably the most important because you are robbing the world if you keep yourself small.  If you are your best version of yourself, others will be inspired to start living their own truths.


My greatest desire is for people to bear witness and connect to the light of hope, possibility, and fulfillment. Everything we are searching for shows up in full force when we let the light shine in” ~ OPRAH


Making others feel they have been seen, heard and loved ... making them laugh.  There are always ways to serve so find the ones that serve you best and possibly become a “giving back addict” ...




No comments:

Post a Comment