Tuesday, September 18, 2012

" The Power ... "


I've got the power!
I've got the power!
Hey, yeah! ...

It's gettin', it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin', it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic ...

I've got the power!
I've got the power! ...

Quality, I possess
Some say I'm fresh
With my voice close to the mesh
Of the microphone that I am holdin'
Copy written lyrics so they can't be stolen
If they are: Snap!
Don't need the police
Don't try to say them, your voice'll sink
So please, stay off my back
Or I will attack, and you don't want that!

I've got the power!

~ Snap ~ The Power ~
***

Recently I read a bird analogy which made sense ... chickens peck, turkeys struct, birds fly but eagles soar.  Which one do you want to be?  Considering chickens hang out in groups, have wings but don’t fly and will eat whatever is placed before them, I’d rather be an eagle.  Eagles fly higher than any other known bird, build their nest up high and are very selective about what I eat.  

Realization: Embrace the powerful being I am

Next, seek out the company and support of other eagles.  So very important ... why?  Well if eagles stay on the ground too long and hang out with the chickens there is a possibility they will take on the behaviour of chickens ... and not only will the eagle no longer soar, but she may forget how to fly.  

Realization: Embrace the fullness of who I am

For me, when I think of an eagle I think of how powerful this bird is and it makes me think about what exactly does it mean to stand in my OWN power.  So perhaps it is about exercises our OWN gifts.  We all have gifts, it's a matter of choice ... if we choose to share with others.  Believe that operating in your gifts without fear or reservation can be the most powerful moment, considered a calling or gift from the Divine.  

Realization: Embrace the gifts of which I have

External pressures such as relationship challenges, personal failures and feelings of betrayal, can erode our internal sense of power.  Isn’t it true that the people you are always trying to please are never satisfied?  They constantly demand proof, actions, and personal favours to recognize your gifts.  



Realize that those that value your power will also value your use and protection of that power.  As we learn to stand in our power, we recognize that we must be good guardians over the gifts within us.


Surround yourself with people who inspire, motivate and value you will help you ~ they step up your game in your overall life.  Hang around people that aren’t so comfortable is the fastest way to get out of your OWN comfort zone ... because the more you fly with the eagles, the less you will be concerned about the actions of chickens.  



No comments:

Post a Comment