Wednesday, December 19, 2012

" Fragile ... "


If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay
Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime's argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are
How fragile we are how fragile we are

~ Sting ~ Fragile ~
***

The fragility of human life.  People pass away every day, but unless we personally lose someone, we may not think about it often ...

Today, I am thinking about an old friend who has lost someone special, someone she loved.  And although her and I have lost touch, she always has and always will hold a very special place in my heart.  She is in my prayers as I am sending her strength, love and light ... may her beloved rest in peace.  

Life, how fleeting it truly is.  Most of us just go through the motions ... the motions of day to day life.  I was one of those people who worked hard to achieve success, acquire wealth and try to fill the aching void in my heart.  I gave very little thought to what is beyond this life.  But that one day came when it hit me and hit me hard ... life is just so unpredictable, life is just so fragile.  Now, I am one of those people who does think about how precious life is.  I think about it daily.  After my cancer diagnosis, I am grateful for each and every day.  I know all to well that in an instant it can all be taken away.  

I know that no material possession will cheat death.  The cycle of life, just happens ... even if you are a bystander you are still in the middle of it.  And sometimes you aren’t fully awake, unable to experience the event unfolding in front of your eyes.  You think it just can’t be happening, it just can’t be real.  And then the healing process begins, you eventually ease back into the regular pattern of life.  The cycle of life.  Yet, there will always be a part of you that aches for their absence.  You never get over it, you just learn to live with it.  

I often think that if we were more expressive, we wouldn’t miss those opportunities to tell our loved ones how precious they truly are to us.  We wouldn’t feel the need to say “ I never got a chance to say goodbye or tell them I loved them”.  

Expressions of love are nothing to be fearful of, they are simply necessary ...

Whatever you need to do to show your love today, please do it.  Because the flowers, messages and tributes written would make any heart melt at a funeral, but the person who would have appreciated them most cannot read them.  Have those tributes be reinforcements of what they already knew.  So if you need to make an apology, do it before the eulogy ... time is too precious for us to take the ones we love for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment